Sunday, February 7, 2016

Fools on Parade {Downtown Fayetteville}

Yesterday was a bright and beautiful day. The weather was chilly unless you were standing in the sun, and then it was just right. The perfect day for a parade.


The annual Fayetteville Fat Saturday Parade of Fools was a taste of mardi gras with an Arkansas twist. It was our first time to go and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was very family friendly. They talked the laissez bon temps rouler talk (with an accent), but didn't really walk the walk. At least not during the parade.



Since Young Master Gray fell asleep in the car on the way, we ended up making it right on time instead of early like I had planned. Even though we didn't get a great spot to watch the parade from, I think it turned out to be for the better. As it was, we waited a really long time for the parade to even start. Luckily, we were right by a police car and got to see a firetruck drive by before the parade began. Plus, we were right by the Walton Arts Center where they were in the middle of a construction project (as you can see in the above photo). In other words, we had plenty of trucks to look at while we waited.


Afterwards, we got to go see the "choo-choo" Young Master Gray had been eyeing since the start of the parade.


Such a fun afternoon hanging out in Downtown Fayetteville! It made me wistful for the Crescent City. I can't believe it's been four years since I wrote this post about my visit to New Orleans. I definitely want to make it back one day!

1 comment: